Welcome to the Texas A&M Pre-Medical Society!
We are a student-run organization at Texas A&M that is committed to providing our members with a way to learn more about the medical profession. Through our society, students will have the opportunity to learn from various experts in the medical field and leave with an increased awareness of current events in healthcare. Our society also organizes medical school visits, volunteering programs, special events, and panels, and serves as a resource for students seeking a career in medicine. By encouraging the physicians of tomorrow to work together today, the Texas A&M Pre-Medical Society does its part to build a spirit of cooperation - something that is becoming ever more necessary in the medical profession.
Our key goals are:
- to educate and advise students on undergraduate, medical school, and career options in the medical field
- to serve the community through various projects done as an organization
- to work closely with the Office of Professional School Advising to prepare pre-medical students to be competitive applicants to medical school
- to educate and inform members of the current state of medicine
- to ultimately make members the best possible medical school applicants
This week in Pre-Med:
Tuesday: LAST ECHO Meeting, 6:30 pm, PSYCH 106; Texas Tech University Health Science Center School of Medicine
Banquet tickets on sale ($10)
Wednesday: Volunteering at Boys & Girls Club, 3:30-5:30 pm
Thursday: Volunteering at Phoebe's Home, 4-6 pm
Friday: End of Year Banquet, Pebblecreek Country Club, 7 pm
**Please remember to wear closed toed shoes, long pants (no leggings), and your Pre-Med shirt to all volunteering events.
**Directions to Boys and Girls Club and St. Joseph's can be found under the Volunteering tab.
**You MUST be a member and sign up at meetings to attend volunteering events.
What You Missed Last Time: